incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clutch data - could ReportingSchedule data be merged into podlings.xml ?
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 01:46:34 GMT
On 9 June 2012 02:38, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>> As the subject says: is there any need for a separate
>> ReportingSchedule page now that we have podlings.xml?
>
> Some things to take care with, when we modify Clutch:
>
> Clutch based everything on the presence in ReportingSchedule
> and the name of the podling used there (lowercase, no spaces).

Presence is roughly equal to status=current.

Clutch currently uses the same transformation on the podling name atttribute.

So this should not be much of a problem.

> The main name in podlings.xml might be different,
> so some assumptions in clutch might need adjustment.

If a name attribute in podlings.xml is wrong, then it needs fixing.
AFAIK, they all agree currently (IIRC clutch checks this).

> Also the sequence of its data and hint-gathering process.

Yes.

> So a basic entry for a podling needs to be added to
> the podlings.xml file soon after acceptance.

Yes.