incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clutch data - could ReportingSchedule data be merged into podlings.xml ?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:32:39 GMT
On 9 June 2012 02:46, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 June 2012 02:38, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:
>>> As the subject says: is there any need for a separate
>>> ReportingSchedule page now that we have podlings.xml?
>>
>> Some things to take care with, when we modify Clutch:
>>
>> Clutch based everything on the presence in ReportingSchedule
>> and the name of the podling used there (lowercase, no spaces).
>
> Presence is roughly equal to status=current.
>
> Clutch currently uses the same transformation on the podling name atttribute.
>
> So this should not be much of a problem.
>
>> The main name in podlings.xml might be different,
>> so some assumptions in clutch might need adjustment.
>
> If a name attribute in podlings.xml is wrong, then it needs fixing.
> AFAIK, they all agree currently (IIRC clutch checks this).
>
>> Also the sequence of its data and hint-gathering process.
>
> Yes.
>
>> So a basic entry for a podling needs to be added to
>> the podlings.xml file soon after acceptance.
>
> Yes.

Clutch now ignores the ReportingSchedule Wiki page and relies instead
on the <reporting> tag in podlings.xml.

The documentation referring to ReportingSchedule has been updated, but
the page itself now needs to be updated to redirect users to
podlings.xml.

I don't have write karma for the Wiki so if someone else could update
the page that would be great.