incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject S4 status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "June2012" by PatrickHunt)
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:39:08 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the report, S4!

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> +  1. Still working towards an initial release on Apache with the current
> +     code (version 0.4 = version 0.3 + checkpointing + bugfixes)

Is there some specific issue blocking the release? You've been
incubating for 1.5 years already, which is a long time without a
release. Quite a few podlings have trouble coming up with their first
release, so I'm wondering if there's something specific we could do to
make that task easier.

> +  3. Grow the community.

As you said, getting a release out should help with that. See also
some of the other podling review threads over the past few months on
general@ for a lot of good suggestions on how to encourage community
growth.

BR,

Jukka Zitting