incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Third Party source
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:58:38 GMT
Hi Incubator,

See the email below from Alex Harui. I need help figuring out what to do here.

I'm not sure if Jeff was ever an employee of Macromedia or what the
full situation is. Perhaps Alex can clarify if needed.

Essentially, we wanted to offer Jeff commit rights to make the
modification as suggested by Roy. But Jeff indicated he's too busy to
do it. Since he owns the copyright and seems willing to donate the
code, what would be the appropriate methodology here. Do we need a
software grant? Would it be sufficient to have an ICLA on file from
Jeff?

Thanks,
Greg

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi Mentors,
>
> Some of the source code in the compiler is copyrighted by Jeff Dyer who wrote some of
original code that was then acquired by Macromedia/Adobe.  At the time of the donation,  Roy
Fielding said we should make Jeff a committer so he can move the copyrights to the NOTICES
file.  Does that make sense?  If so, I will ask him to submit an ICLA.  I assume his committer
status doesn’t require the usual vote protocol?  My understanding is that need to get this
cleared up in order to cut an official release.