incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Kato to the attic?
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:55:02 GMT
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:34 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Benson Margulies
> <bimargulies@gmail.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:

>> The three listed mentors don't have time to deal with this. I'm told
>> that Joe volunteered to help out here.

I'm one of the listed mentors, its not so much that i don't have time
up till now there hasn't been anything much to do, i wasn't going to
push them out. I don't think the treatment they received here was one
of the ASFs finest moments and that hasn't helped anyone involved be
terribly proactive.

>> I'm very tentatively proposing that the IPMC vote to shelve the
>> project and, if the vote succeeds, that I and any other willing
>> parties take care of the Attic process.
>
> Agreed. There was some interest in Kato earlier when they finally figured
> out that they don't need to wait for Oracle, but I suppose everyone with a
> real itch to scratch had already moved to other things by then.

That is not really what happened. Their reports over the years did
cover what the actual problem was and what was tying to be done.

> Ideally the podling itself would decide whether to retire or not

Yep and thats what i was waiting to see if it happened with this
quarterly report. Agree its clear now that it is time to retire the
poddling.

   ...ant