incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.1-incubating (Candidate 2)
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 01:51:44 GMT
Kevin,

Thanks for the comments. Just want to clarify on your points on
LICENSE/NOTICE. Our LICENSE/NOTICE covers all jars included in the source,
not those pulled in during building. We had a long discussion during our
1st release and in the end, we have reached the conclusion that we don't
have to document LICENSE/NOTICE for jars not included in the source (since
we are just doing a source release). Please correct me if you think this is
blocking the release. We have to include a small number of jars in the
source because there is no easy way to pull them in automatically.

Thanks,

Jun