incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release OpenMeetings 2.0-incubating (Candidate 2)
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:46:07 GMT

On Jun 26, 2012, at 9:40 AM, sebb wrote:

> On 26 June 2012 13:28, seba.wagner@gmail.com <seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback and review so far!
>>
>> About correct attribution of ASF JARs
>> Do they need a reference in the LICENSE file at all ?
>
> The recipient of the package needs to be able to quickly find the
> license associated with all jars, so I would say yes.
>
>> Must the name of the JAR file be _exactly_ mentioned in the LICENSE file?
>> For example:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openmeetings/tags/2.0RC2/LICENSE?view=markup
>> Line: 206
>> "For GlassFish components / activation.jar"
>> => Do we need to write "activation-jar-1.1.jar" instead of "activation.jar"
>> ?
>
> Yes, because licenses may change between versions.

I've seen 'activation-jar-x.x.jar' used to good effect. In either case, the key would be that
the license must be validated when the version is changed and when the release is being generated/reviewed.
As long as that occurs an explicit name or a suitably descriptive name would be sufficient…

--kevan