incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Parser
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 05:09:56 GMT

On May 31, 2012, at 7:37 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

> On May 31, 2012 5:31 AM, "Greg Stein" <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>> (that said, I agree: this seems like it should be a proposal to
>> Commons, so we just need to handle that redirection)
>
> And I didn't read the proposal closely enough, but took from Ralph's
> comment that this was some Java code. ... but no, it is a C-based project.
> Thus, I don't think Apache Commons has any bearing here.

No, my comment wasn't about what the project is attempting to do but simply that a project
named "Apache Configuration Parser" could be easily confused with "Apache Commons Configuration".
  However, it must have been late or something as the project isn't even proposing to call
itself "Configuration Parser".   However, "Apache Parser" is also a bit vague.

> I'm +1 on the proposal.
>
> Give it a shot to build a community. That is part of what the Incubator is
> all about.

I'm also +1 assuming there enough initial committers to get it going.

Ralph