incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.1-incubating (Candidate 2)
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:34:41 GMT

On Jun 22, 2012, at 7:05 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2012, at 10:46 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>

>> On Jun 21, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Chris Douglas wrote:

>>> Sure, but that's not an issue here. The legal requirements are
>>> satisfied, as was established at length during the Kafka 0.7.0
>>> release. -C
>>
>> This reflects my sentiments as well.
>
> Alan,
> That seems to be at odds with your previous email(s) on this thread. IIUC, I think you're
more of the mind that the legal requirements are not being met, but should be fixed in the
next release, not this one.

As I think I mentioned in other emails.  I am all for *vetting* the dependencies to make sure
that they follow licensing provisions and are compatible with ASF policy.  This *must* be
done before *any* release.

What I claim can be put on hold until the next release is the extensive documentation of those
dependencies in the LICENSE/NOTICE that you seem to be proposing.

Regards,
Alan