incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Flume Graduation (was Re: June reports in two weeks)
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 21:45:10 GMT

On Jun 5, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:

> Based on some digging, I think what you are mostly facing is a battle of perception.
 As not everyone has read or is privy to  the private list discussions, what they see is that
you have a standing -1 vote from a mentor who has expressed concerns on this list and the
dev list as to whether or not the diversity requirement has been met.  It looks (and looked
to me initially) like an incubator project that is dominated by a single company was trying
to push itself through the incubation process at whatever cost and before it was ready; something
that most IPMC members would likely resist.  If this type of misperception happened at the
incubator, what does the foundation and flume community see?

> With the additional background I have read, it seems that the community is much healthier
than it appears and is acting on a lot of communication and consensus that was driven on the
private list.  IMO, it would have been better to ask Ralph if he was comfortable retracting
his -1 prior to pushing the general@ VOTE and if he was not, then participate in the diversity
discussion on general@ until some consensus has been reached.

I posted an email earlier today where I discussed my confusion over the diversity requirement.
 I'm not comfortable doing anything without getting some feedback on whether the diversity
requirement, as currently stated on the wiki, is correct or whether diversity should simply
be measured by how a project makes its decisions as Roy suggests.

Ralph