incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Prototype ASF Mailing List Request form
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 04:43:15 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> sebb wrote:
> > Shane Curcuru wrote:
> >> Sweet.
> >>
> >> It would be really helpful for the pmc field to be a select list of existing
> >> TLPs / podlings.
> >
> > Not sure that will always be possible; often the mailing lists are
> > being created as part of TLP/podling creation.
> >
> > Even for existing TLPs/podlings - is there a canonical list of their names?
>
> Workflow question: when is
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/podlings.xml
> updated?  If I can presume that it is updated before the mailing list
> is requested, then I can produce a dropdown list.

They should add their entry as soon as possible after acceptance,
but sometimes do not.

Step 1 after acceptance is for them to add their new podling to
the wiki ReportingScedule. If they do not do that quickly then i do,
then Clutch can pick it up and start to assist.

Step 2 is to add to the podlings.xml list. They know the details
so should manage it.

See the docs:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#Overview
Actually anyone with commit access can do it.

We need to encourage that podlings.xml file to be initialised
as soon as possible, and always up-to-date.

I reckon that you should utilise it, and so if they do not appear
in the drop-down list then they know that they missed Step 2.

-David