incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Flex Status
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 14:43:58 GMT

On May 10, 2012, at 2:57 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> I think we'll be able to persuade the PPMC that they don't really want to manage
>> their own JIRA instance once that is done. So, they have a little infra delay.
>
> There's a bit of history behind this. Flex was getting a bit
> frustrated at the slow migration progress, so last month I suggested
> [1] an external server as an interim solution. I totally agree that
> it's not an ideal or in any way final solution, but without some
> progress on this Flex will soon hit six months without effective
> development infrastructure. That's horrible.
>
> If not an external server, can we provision a new ASF server for this,
> perhaps just a virtual one to start with?

Infrastructure is working on a JIRA upgrade and Flex can participate. Help is needed with
the ASF license checkbox code. I'm hoping to have cycles to help with that next week. I have
to standup JIRA at work ....

About the fall off on the dev list. Two factors.

- The group has a lot of energy and there was a huge amount of discussion at the start.
- This was followed by a Logo contest with over 50 entries and two rounds of voting on the
flex-dev list. This was significant volume.

>> I'll certainly try to suggest another report author when report time truly arrives.
>
> Having more people with experience in writing board reports is
> definitely useful, but I don't see particular problems with this
> report. It's informative and highlights problems that the podling is
> facing. What's more to ask?
>
>> I agree with Greg that we should remove this report.
>
> There's no harm in extra out-of-cycle reports, so let's keep it.

I see, no problem, other than no signatures.

Regards,
Dave