incubator-general mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Airavata 0.2-incubating
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 15:35:04 GMT

On May 1, 2012, at 11:18 AM, sebb wrote:

> On 1 May 2012 14:54, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>> This is the first incubator release for Apache Airavata, with the artifacts being
versioned as 0.2-incubating.

>> We are requesting at least one additional IPMC member vote, as we have received 2
binding Mentors/IPMC +1 votes during the release voting on airavata-dev:

>> Community VOTE & RESULT Thread :  http://markmail.org/thread/5vcfvyezsfzzgfd2
>>
>> Mentors/IPMC member votes from the Airavata-Dev list:
>> Ate Douma: +1
>> Chris Mattmann: +1
>>
>> Detailed change log/release notes:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/tags/airavata-0.2-incubating/RELEASE_NOTES
>>
>> All Release Artifacts:
>> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/
>>
>> PGP release keys (signed using 617DDBAD):
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/KEYS
>>
>> Specific URL's:
>>
>> SVN source tag (1330645):
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/tags/airavata-0.2-incubating/
>>
>> Source release:
>> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/airavata-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip
>>
>> Binary Artifacts:
>> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/apache-airavata-0.2-incubating-bin.tar.gz
>> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/apache-airavata-0.2-incubating-bin.zip
>
> The NOTICE file in the binary archive contains the following:

> ==  NOTICE file corresponding to section 4(d) of the Apache License,   ==
> ==  Version 2.0, in this case for the Apache Airavata distribution.    ==
>
> This definitely should not be present.
>
> There are lots of other entries in the NOTICE file; it's not clear to
> me whether they are all needed or not.
> AIUI, the NOTICE file should only contain *required* notices (whereas
> the LICENSE file should contain ALL applicable licenses)

Hi Sebb,

For the past few months we were too focussed on making sure we include all the required notices
and in the process we ended up with more than whats needed. We tried to minimize these extra
notices as much as possible, but not quite there yet. Do you see this as a blocker for this
release?

To get the License, Notice files right, we branched a stable version and trunk moved too far
ahead. If this extra notices are not too critical blockers, we would like to wrap this release
and merge back to trunk and address the unnecessary notice information. Will that be acceptable?

Thanks,
Suresh