incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMBER Status: let down by incubator?
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 16:33:28 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote on Thu, May 10, 2012 at 00:11:33 +0200:
>> Any volunteers to help Amber finish this task?
>
> Why hasn't it been done yet?  The jira asks a question, an answer was
> given ("do not remove the NU headers without NU's permission"), seems to
> me the next step is for Amber to either do so or explain why they don't.

That's exactly the kind of mentor help we need here. Without
experience in how issues like these are handled within the ASF it's
hard for a podling to tell whether and when it's fine to move forward.
For example it may well be less than obvious that it's fine to just
resolve the LEGAL issue based on the expressed consensus there instead
of waiting for someone from the legal team.

BR,

Jukka Zitting