incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex Status
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 09:57:11 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> I think we'll be able to persuade the PPMC that they don't really want to manage
> their own JIRA instance once that is done. So, they have a little infra delay.

There's a bit of history behind this. Flex was getting a bit
frustrated at the slow migration progress, so last month I suggested
[1] an external server as an interim solution. I totally agree that
it's not an ideal or in any way final solution, but without some
progress on this Flex will soon hit six months without effective
development infrastructure. That's horrible.

If not an external server, can we provision a new ASF server for this,
perhaps just a virtual one to start with?

> I'll certainly try to suggest another report author when report time truly arrives.

Having more people with experience in writing board reports is
definitely useful, but I don't see particular problems with this
report. It's informative and highlights problems that the podling is
facing. What's more to ask?

> I agree with Greg that we should remove this report.

There's no harm in extra out-of-cycle reports, so let's keep it.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/q3aagw5jhqz5m6b5

BR,

Jukka Zitting