incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject VCL status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "May2012" by aaronpeeler)
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 09:34:56 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the report, VCL! Sounds like you're doing fine.

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> * Our next release has been delayed from our previous board report.
> * This 2.3 release is a very large release, including bug-fixes, support from
>   kvm, VMWare vcenter, multi-lingualization, and approved contributions from
>   the community.
> * We are in testing now and hope to generate a 2.3 release candidate in
>   the next few days.

Sounds great, good luck with the release.

I notice that your previous release was over a year ago, which
probably explains why this release is so big. Cutting releases more
frequently is a good way to make them more manageable, and doing so
also helps drive adoption as your reaction time to user needs (bug
fixes, improvements, etc.) becomes better.

> * Graduation work itself - As a community discuss graduation to determine
>   if we are ready. If so proceed with starting the process.

Based on a quick look around I couldn't spot any obvious graduation
issues, so +1 to moving ahead unless the community or your mentors
feel otherwise.

BR,

Jukka Zitting