incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Crunch to join the Apache Incubator
Date Sat, 26 May 2012 21:51:33 GMT

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Steve Loughran
<> wrote:
> I'd go for pulling Jakob in for tactical and strategic reasons

We grant committership based on merit, not tactics or strategy. Sounds
to me like Josh and the rest of the team would be quite willing to add
Jakob as soon as he shows up with a few patches or other

Personally I've never fully understood the practice of allowing just
about anyone to sign up as an initial committer of a podling. Putting
your name on a list does not make you a part of a community,
participating and contributing does. Recognizing such merit with
committership is an important part of the social glue that binds our
communities together.

Of course it's a problem if it turns out that Jakob or anyone else
ends up having trouble earning Crunch committership with reasonable
effort, but so far I see little reason to worry about that.

Jukka Zitting

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message