incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Shepherds for podling reports
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 13:20:01 GMT
I've done my shepherd reviews and made one comment (about Amber) on
this list). I'm not sure where you want general observations recording
but I have moved the projects to the recommended status category

On 7 May 2012 21:03, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 5/4/2012 1:27 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
>> In the Board agenda, we have a line where each Director can state they have
>> reviewed the report (before the meeting). They can also append queries and
>> comments. Little mini-discussions kinda happen in those comments.
>>
>> Point here is: provide a similar location for IPMC members (including
>> shepherds) to list their review/approval. There is no strict need to divvy
>> the reviews. Jukka is doing that as a transitionary measure until people
>> get into it.
>
> The approach would require just a couple of things;
>
>  * designate a private report-review.txt file svn path which provides svn
>   notification to the incubator-private list.  Private, because both personal
>   and confidential questions may be asked and answered in the scope of that
>   approval/question/comment review file.
>
>  * populate that file each month with the list of reports.  Those reports
>   themselves could continue to persist in the wiki or could be transfered
>   into that internal edit/discuss report file.
>
> A comment to that svn review file would be broadcast, so that answers and the
> followup can either occur as a subsequent commit (asked and answered), or can
> evolve into an incubator-private mail list dialog (or be referred over to the
> podling-dev or podling-private list for clarification).
>
> In all I like the idea.

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com