incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Shepherds for podling reports
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 12:31:32 GMT
Thanks Jukka,

One of the issues to address for next time is where to record
shepherds comments (if any). I suggest we do it directly in the
reports, in the Wiki. This requires no additional processes to
implement.

Once the shepherd process is working smoothly I'd also suggest that we
think about changing the whole submission process to one identical to
that followed by TLPs (i.e. commit to SVN, notify the general@ mailing
list). This means that projects are learning how it is done for TLPs
whilst also allowing the IPMC to adopt some of the same processes as
the board does in providing the IPMC report.

Furthermore, once this is also in place for IPMC reports we can use
(slightly modified) Whimsy scripts to make shepherds work easier and
the posting of reports here provides a place for shepherds/mentors and
project members to discuss issues.

Ross

On 10 May 2012 13:24, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just submitted our May report to the board. Thanks a lot to anyone
> who chimed in with reviews and other help! Very much appreciated.
>
> Let's try this again for the next report, perhaps in a bit more timely
> and organized manner now that we're through the initial setup and have
> more volunteers lined up already in advance.
>
> Some good comments and ideas were brought up in this thread. Feel free
> to just go ahead and start implementing any incremental improvements
> that you think will help. I'm not too concerned about the particular
> mechanics or processes we use as long as they help generate
> constructive feedback to and increased dialogue with our podlings.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)