incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] BOM and supported platforms for Bigtop 0.4.0
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 15:06:42 GMT
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Eric Baldeschwieler
> <eric14@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> So you are suggesting expanding the charter to include projects not hosted at Apache?
>
> I don't think this is what Bruno suggested. Personally I can't find
> any reference in Bigtop
> charter that restricts it to Projects that belong to Apache Software
> Foundation.

As a mentor of the Bigtop project, I don't see it as acceptable for an
Apache project to distribute binaries of non-Apache software. If the
owners of the Hue project decide to donate it to Apache and it had
been released by Apache, then it would be acceptable. I'm strictly -1
on releasing any version of Bigtop with Hue or any other non-Apache
software as part of the release.

-- Owen