incubator-general mailing list archives

From Norbert Thiebaud <nthieb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 16:33:04 GMT
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>if IBM (and Rob) know of an IP issue in the code base

This is not a _if_ there is an affirmative public statement by Rob
that this the case

>  The fact that there has been no such revelation has to be sufficient at this point.

But there was such 'revelation', and at the time this was punted as a
'problem to be address later while doing IP diligence prior to
release"

> If you want to see proof of negatives,

No, I'm merely pointing out that Rob/IBM claimed to have such
knowledge. An affirmative statement. So either such statement was
truthful, and it should be easy for the PPMC to make sure that the
undisclosed problems alleged to exist have been fixed, or this
statement was not truthful.

Norbert