incubator-general mailing list archives

From Norbert Thiebaud <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 06:21:25 GMT
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<> wrote:
> I have no reason to believe that the remediation Rob speaks of has anything to do with
any part of

You mean except for Rob's own statement ?

"But one thing not to lose track of is that Symphony has done IP
remediation at many levels.  Where we've worked around things, we'll be
able to contribute our **fixes** **back**." (emphasis mine)

How can you logically conclude that Rob is not talking about
remediation in the OOo code-base ?
So unless such remediation was indeed done also in the to-be-released
AOO code, then the PPMC would be knowingly releasing patent traps.
Either that or Rob's above statement was pure FUD.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message