incubator-general mailing list archives

From Norbert Thiebaud <nthieb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Legal question about (re)licensing
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 04:58:09 GMT
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

> I think you are just trying to find some silly excuse to complain
> about code that *you* clearly didn't write or own. All the code
> either from version control or bugzilla was provided by Oracle

That is not what was said in the ooo-dev list

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201204.mbox/%3CCAKQbXgCF0b8qtXkF1C_Yryx=EXfww4gX=-+VfkV15K_NNMEMBw@mail.gmail.com%3E

clearly your assumption that the SGA extend to everything that one can
put his hands on does not seems supported by the document itself. At
the very least there are serious doubt as to the extent the SGA cover
CWSs and/or random patch from bugzilla that had not been integrated
into the project prior to the grant.

But to my point: there are questions about the extent of the scope of
the SGA, question that have been brushed-off with a 'let's
cross-that-bridge-when-we-get-there' to avoid addressing the complex
'general statement'. Fine, but thn one would expect the actual applied
instance of this general problem to be at least discussed and resolved
with the copyright owner(s).... no such things occurred, at least not
on publicly accessible mailing-list.

Norbert