incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Prototype ASF Mailing List Request form
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 09:51:46 GMT
On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
<> wrote:
> May I suggest adding some fields to ease data entry even more:
> 1- A checkbox indicating whether or not the mailing list is for an
> incubator project or not
> 2- Another list of checkboxes which are enabled only when the incubator
> checkbox is enabled:
>  2.1- Dvelopment
>  2.2- Commits
>  2.3- Private
>  2.4- Users(*)
> For the first three ones they can be checked by default as they are
> required by all Incubator projects, the last one for users can be checked
> sometimes when a new podling is in need for a users list
> This will ease data entry a lot for new podlings instead of making a new
> request for each mailing list a mentor can just in one request send all
> data required by the tool

It looks to me like incubator mailing list requests are enough
different to merit a separate form.  Also it appears that there is a
lot of variety between podlings, consider:

Trying to satisfy both the needs for initial mailing list creations
while also wanting to support "one-off" or additional mailing list
requests, heres new versions of the forms for review (url names are
NOT final):

- Sam Ruby

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: