incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Parser
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 23:29:35 GMT
On 31 May 2012 07:18, Seungyoung Kim <wolkykim@gmail.com> wrote:

>  XML and JSON format is another one which are used wided, but little bit
> too complecated and heavy from application's stand point of view.

I'd agree with this critique of XML, but not JSON. Easy to yacc-up a
parser, a fair number of implementations out there, and lots of web browser
support. A reasonably straightforward mapping from the JSON to a tree of
(key, entry) pairs, unlike say the XML dom with its namespaces,
intermingled text elements with other things, the duopoly of attributes and
elements.