incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] BOM and supported platforms for Bigtop 0.4.0
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 04:57:17 GMT

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Jukka Zitting <> wrote:
>>> * If the former, then each subdirectory of [1] falls fairly
>>> conveniently into the traditional concept of convenience binaries
>>> built from the source release. The only extra thing you'd need is a
>>> proper set of license metadata and signatures for the binaries.
>> This is, in fact, the process we've been following with our convenience
>> artifacts for as long as we've had releases. We're signing every single
>> binary and are pretty pedantic about providing LICENSE and NOTICE files.
> Sounds good.
> I'm just wondering about where do I find for example the licensing
> metadata for example for the files in

All of them are inside the packages in the location specific to the
given OS. E.g.:
   $ rpm -ql -p ~/Downloads/hive-0.8.1-1.fc16.noarch.rpm  | egrep

These are basically rules of Linux distributions:

Please let us know if that's enough from the Apache standpoint or whether
it is desirable to have those files eslewhere (including the repository itself).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message