incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET status
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 07:37:57 GMT
First of all, many thanks, Jukka.

On 2012-05-10, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Apache Wiki <> wrote:
>> One of the mentors (Stefan Bodewig) has indicated he wants to start pushing
>> for graduation. UPDATE: Unfortunately, we have not made any progress on this
>> - hopefully we can have a more conclusive update next check in. Our
>> development/committers group is small, and work sometimes happens in
>> bursts and then stalls - something we need to work on a bit.

> Looking at the svn history I see a long history of sustained
> month-after-month commit activity. More activity is of course always
> great, but I don't think this is something you need to worry about at
> least as a graduation issue.

> However, the one thing I am a bit worried about is that I couldn't
> tell when was the last time you added a new committer to the team.

> Your contribution report [1] shows some people who've contributed lots
> of patches but aren't committers yet. What's up with that?

> [1]

Many of those contributions happened before Lucene.NET re-entered
incubation, the people have been let down back then and never came back
when Lucene.NET came back to life.  Is there a way to get a contribution
report for the last year only or something similar?  Filtering by
version likely won't cut it.

Of the top ten people some already are committers (Digy and Prescott)
and only two other names ring a bell (I haven't been involved with
Lucene.NET prior to becoming a mentor).  Many contributions to
Lucene.NET are one-off contributions and so far almost all contributors
have been content with discussing their issues in JIRA.  Unfortunately.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message