incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Flume Graduation (was Re: June reports in two weeks)
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 19:29:42 GMT

On May 25, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Arvind Prabhakar wrote:

>> That leaves just me as the only non-Cloudera PPMC member who actively
>> participates and I don't commit code and I've been on the PPMC primarily as
>> a mentor.  If you somehow believe that this constitutes diversity than my
>> job as a mentor has a long way to go.
>>

> You were counted because three months ago you announced that you would like
> to stay with the project post graduation. I don't remember seeing any
> communication from you stating your change of mind. That said, I respect
> your choice either way.

Arvind, I don't take disagreements like this personally and I hope you don't either.   I have
every intention of staying with the project after graduation and hopefully, finding a way
to commit code as there are a number of areas I believe I can contribute.

At this point my recommendations are:
1. Since the PPMC voted to separate being a committer and being a PMC member I would wait
a couple of months and then add the new non-Cloudera committers to the PPMC if it is warranted.
2. Of course, add any new committers who have earned it.
3. Send an email to the entire PPMC asking them to confirm that they want to remain on the
PMC after graduation.
4. Based on that we will know what the making of the post-graduation PMC will look like.
5. Raise the topic of graduation as a discussion item either on the PMC or dev list after
the above 4 are completed.

Ralph