incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Shepherds for podling reports
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 15:27:08 GMT

On May 2, 2012, at 1:53 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In order to better share the effort of reviewing podling reports and
> giving constructive feedback where needed, I'd like to propose
> something like the shepherd model the ASF board is using for project
> reports. For each report a single "shepherd" [*] is assigned
> responsibility for a deeper review of the report and any followups
> that may be needed. Of course anyone within the IPMC is still welcome
> to help in the review, and in any case the mentors of a podling should
> review and sign off on the reports of their podlings.
>
> Any volunteer shepherds? Please sign up by adding your name to [1].
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorShepherds
> [*] A shepherd watching over a podling... Perhaps someone has a better
> agricultural term in mind? :-)

I feel that I should state my opinion, and this is just my humble opinion, that the solution
to a problem is not to add more process, bureaucracy, and roles.

It's my opinion that this task should be done by the mentors, period.  If people have spare
bandwidth they then should sign up to be a mentor.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Alan