incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] cTAKES for the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 18:19:03 GMT
cTakes is specialized for the clinical/medical domain, where OpenNLP
is a general purpose natural language processing library without any
domain specific customizations.

I hope we can establish here a good collaboration between the two projects.

Jörn

On 05/31/2012 07:20 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> Hi Don,
> The components can certainly be used in other domains, but one will most likely to retrain
them
> to get decent performance. (some classifiers such as smoking status, drug signature recognition,
side effects, etc. are probably domain specific though) We actually reused existing code such
OpenNLP and UIMA as a starting point.  Please let us know if there was a use case or ideas
you may suggest for us.