incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] Prototype ASF Mailing List Request form
Date Sat, 26 May 2012 02:54:40 GMT
https://whimsy.apache.org/infra/mlreq

Nothing fancy: simple data gathering.  Output will be validated and
placed into svn as input to another tool down the chain.

The topic I would like to discuss is what additional input validation
should be done.  Mailing list names have specific formats.  Within the
incubator, podling mailing list names are expected to have a specific
format.  But the mapping of podling names to mailing list names
sometimes varies...

Suggestions welcome.  I'm starting with the incubator as it is the
source for a bulk of the requests...

- Sam Ruby