incubator-general mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Syncope 1.0.0-RC1-incubating / 2nd attempt
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 07:31:16 GMT
On 14/05/2012 20:45, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Le 5/14/12 6:42 PM, Christian Grobmeier a écrit :
>>
>>> Can you please let me know which license XPP uses? I could not find informatino
in NOTICE and did not find a website which helped me. its necessary to clarify that as xpp3
is in the war file release. Once you told me, I will give my +1
>> Clearly missing in the N&L files.
> OK. Guess this should be fixed with a new attempt then.

Will do ASAP - guess we are trying to beat some record at Syncope: I
know that Flex made it in seven attempts, we are approaching... ;-)

Jokes apart, we are talking here about XPP3, a transitive dependency of
XStream which is instead a declared dependency of Syncope (core).
We honestly did not consider at all such dependencies in L&N files, and
there are quite some: what's the best practice for such cases? I see no
option but using the maven dependency plugin in order to find all
transitive dependencies and update L&N files consequently.

Is this correct? Basically, I feel this like breaking the Maven
dependency resolution...

>>> Release looks ok so far.
>>>
>>> I have found files like that:
>>> syncope-build-tools-1.0.0-RC1-incubating-classes.jar.asc.md5
>> This is a maven bug. The signature plugin does sign everything, including
>> the .asc file, AFAIK.
> At Commons usually we delete these files manually. If you don't mind,
> its really not an issue. Just wanted to mention it.
>
>>> Other question: the projects I know vote upon a website too. Is this
>>> not the case with Syncope?
>> Hmmm... Good question. I never voted against any web site on the various
>> projects I worked or mentored. Where does it come from ?
> We include a link to the staged website at Commons and I have done so for log4j.
> I just checked the latest Struts vote, we don't include the site there.
> Guess its just matter of taste.

Nice suggestion: we'll take into account for (hopefully) next releases.

Thanks for your support.
Regards.
<http://xstream.codehaus.org/faq.html#Compatibility_Dependencies>

--