incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Syncope 1.0.0-RC1-incubating
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 06:42:21 GMT
Le 5/9/12 2:27 AM, sebb a écrit :
> On 8 May 2012 13:06, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Comments inline

>>> The N&L files must relate to what is actually included in the archive.
>>
>> We release sources, so making a distinction between scope != test
>> dependencies and scope=test dependencies does not make sense, AFAICT. If we
>> use a 3rd party product to test Syncope, then I think we must refer their
>> licenses in NOTICE and LICENSE.
> No, AIUI the N&L files only relate to what is being released, not any
> external dependencies.
See JDBM example in
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#note-license-and-notice.
Typically, JDBM will be a dependencies, but still it requires you to
include the needed references into N&L files.

I'm a bit lost here, as the idea is to allow users to download the
source package we release, and not infringe any of the 3rd party
software Licences, by including in our own N&L files what the 3rd party
product requires us to include.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,