incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] cTAKES for the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 17:20:04 GMT
Hi Don,
The components can certainly be used in other domains, but one will most likely to retrain
them
to get decent performance. (some classifiers such as smoking status, drug signature recognition,
side effects, etc. are probably domain specific though) We actually reused existing code such
OpenNLP and UIMA as a starting point.  Please let us know if there was a use case or ideas
you may suggest for us.

Thanks,
Pei