incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Prototype ASF Mailing List Request form
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 23:37:17 GMT

On May 27, 2012, at 4:12 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:

> Nick Kew wrote on Sat, May 26, 2012 at 07:39:48 +0100:
>>
>> On 26 May 2012, at 03:54, Sam Ruby wrote:
>>
>>> https://whimsy.apache.org/infra/mlreq
>>>
>>> Nothing fancy: simple data gathering.  Output will be validated and
>>> placed into svn as input to another tool down the chain.
>>>
>>> The topic I would like to discuss is what additional input
>>> validation
>>> should be done.  Mailing list names have specific formats.  Within
>>> the
>>> incubator, podling mailing list names are expected to have a
>>> specific
>>> format.  But the mapping of podling names to mailing list names
>>> sometimes varies...
>>>
>>> Suggestions welcome.  I'm starting with the incubator as it is the
>>> source for a bulk of the requests...
>>
>> [foo] @ [bar]  .apache.org ?
>>

> The form is ASF wide.  You guys will enter "incubator" for [bar].

Most incubator lists are of the form foo-dev @ incubator .apache.org.
It might be good to have a drop down with the common dev, user,
private aliases already listed, and perhaps an option

[    ] - [    ] @ incubator.apache.org

Craig

>> What about a toggle for a private list?  Or is that determined on
>> name alone?
>
> Easy to add if there's a use case.  apmail hat on, I would still like
> sanity checking to avoid the case where someone requests a "foo-
> private"
> list and forgets to tick the "Make it private?" checkbox.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com