incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Prototype ASF Mailing List Request form
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 11:20:22 GMT
sebb wrote on Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:09:48 +0100:
> On 26 May 2012 03:54, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> > https://whimsy.apache.org/infra/mlreq
> >
> > Nothing fancy: simple data gathering.  Output will be validated and
> > placed into svn as input to another tool down the chain.
> >
> > The topic I would like to discuss is what additional input validation
> > should be done.  Mailing list names have specific formats.  Within the
> > incubator, podling mailing list names are expected to have a specific
> > format.  But the mapping of podling names to mailing list names
> > sometimes varies...
> >
> > Suggestions welcome.  I'm starting with the incubator as it is the
> > source for a bulk of the requests...
>
> Might be useful to provide examples on the form for some of the fields.
>
> Not sure what the "Replies" check-box is about.
> I assume it might be for lists like commits@ where the PMC wants
> replies to go to dev@
> If selected, should it not provide a new box for the Reply-To address?

Semantics: the form only provides UI for enabling or disabling reply-to
headers that point to the list itself.  "Reply-to: dev@" on commits@
list happens by default and is not controlled by the form.

Sam --- this Reply-To on commits@ lists is one place where the -s
argument to makelist-apache.sh might matter --- I assume
"-s goober commits" will result in "Reply-To: goober-dev@" in headeradd.