incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: Shepherds for podling reports
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 19:33:39 GMT

On May 4, 2012, at 9:35 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> Hi Jukka...
>   I also added myself, but as being a Mentor of CloudStack I would rather
> take (shepherdZ: DeltaSpike, Nuvem, Wink) while Dave Fisher takes (shepherdY:
> CloudStack, NPanday, VCL)
> Dave would you please ACK that ?

Sorry Mohammad, I had already reviewed Wink and Nuvem. I only have time for two.

From activity it looks like this project should have graduated into a TLP a year ago. It looks
like a mature and well developed project. I don't understand why they think that they should
become a subproject of Geronimo or Tuscany. They are a mature and useful tool. It's time for
this bird to fly on its own wings. They are an example of a small, viable community that contributes
to more than one other community. Podling Namesearch and graduation should be next.

For my $job, I'll likely ask my developers to take a look to see if this is a useful tool
for some us.

It is really hard to know what this project is trying to do other than be a common API for
Cloud Apps. Very low activity. Apparently no users. A little pick up in dev activity recently.
More information on the podling site might attract a few more developers. No release. This
thread shows that the developers are aware:

I suggest the Nuvem PPMC focus on explaining precisely what they are trying to build.