incubator-general mailing list archives

From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: including external code under apache 2.0
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:16:53 GMT

Thanks Troy!
 > From: thoward37@gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:11:39 -0700
> Subject: Re: including external code under apache 2.0
> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
> CC: general@incubator.apache.org
>
> My understanding is that we can include the code as long as we have a
> ICLA from Itamar. This was discussed at length in January for another
> contribution that the same contributor wanted to donate. Stephan
> (Bodewig, our Incubation mentor) laid out what needed to be done
> really clearly in that context.
>
> Here's the link to the final message on that thread where Stephan
> recaps the relevant points:
>
> http://s.apache.org/HZa
>
> I don't know if Itamar ever followed up after that and filed a ICLA.
> If he did, we're good and just need to commit the code.. Otherwise,
> we'll need him to do the ICLA first.
>
> Thanks,
> Troy
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hey all, We've had a community member port a library for Lucene.Net that we'd like
to include in our contrib packages. The package is under the apache 2.0 license, so we think
we are in the clear to include the code into our contrib package - but we weren't sure and
just wanted to double check. The contrib project is located here: https://github.com/synhershko/Spatial4n
Thanks for your guidance~Prescott