incubator-general mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][RFC] CloudStack for the Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 06:53:44 GMT
Hello,
Looks to be an interesting project!.
I'd like to help so I have added myself as a mentor.

2012/4/3 Kevin Kluge <Kevin.Kluge@citrix.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> We would like to propose CloudStack to be an Apache Incubator project.
>
> CloudStack provides control plane software that can be used to create an IaaS cloud.
It includes an HTTP-based API for user and administrator functions and a web UI for user and
administrator access. Administrators can provision physical infrastructure (e.g., servers,
network elements, storage) into an instance of CloudStack, while end users can use the CloudStack
self-service API and UI for the provisioning and management of virtual machines, virtual disks,
and virtual networks.   Additional information is available at http://cloudstack.org/ and
http://docs.cloudstack.org/.

> The draft proposal document is available at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CloudStackProposal.
  There are a few incomplete sections in the proposal.  We have left "XXX" marks by those
as reminders, and we'll complete those sections in the next few days as the proposal evolves.

> We're excited about the opportunity to work with ASF and the community to create an Incubator
project for cloud orchestration.  We'll welcome all feedback on the proposal.  Thanks.

> -kevin

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com