incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extraordinary OpenOffice security patch (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "April2012" by robweir)
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:07:56 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 7:43 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Short of people.a.o/~luser/my-patch.tgz, I'm fairly certain that
> can't happen with an incubating podling.  Everything under the space
> /dist/ must exist under a PMC.

I totally agree for proper releases (with a source archive) blessed by
the PMC (on private@ if needed). However, this was neither, so I find
using the same location a bit troublesome.

Anyway, it sounds like the case was handled reasonably well under some
fairly challenging constraints, so I'm not too worried about  details
like this as long as this remains a one-off special case. I only
wanted to bring this up to make sure this doesn't become a standard
procedure without a broader discussion of how cases like this should
be handled.

BR,

Jukka Zitting