incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question RE a non-ASF hosted project requiring contributors to have a signed ICLA submitted to the ASF
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:04:56 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> One issue is making releases. If you have a small community, then growing
> it is much easier if you have an active series of releases. It garners
> attention. Unfortunately, incubating projects have a little harder time
> making releases (either the initial release getting things in order, or
> gathering three +1 votes if they're small)

That's what we have mentors for (among other things). Even small
podling should be able to cut releases as long as they have mentors
who're willing to help.

Of course that highlights the issue of having active mentors. If a
potential podling can't find enough interested mentors, then it's
probably best to first build momentum elsewhere before considering
incubation.

BR,

Jukka Zitting