incubator-general mailing list archives

From Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <juanpablo.san...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate JSPWiki from Incubator
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 21:07:10 GMT
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com>wrote:

> On 18 April 2012 05:43, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> > On 4/17/2012 3:57 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> >> -1
> >>
> >> Unless I am mistaken JSPWiki has not yet made a release under the
> >> Apache license:
> >>
> >> "Release 2.9 as first Apache release"
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-717
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/jspwiki/
> >
> > Apparently this was released.
>
> Interesting.
>
> My -1 was posted to this list at  4/17/2012 3:57 AM the last update
> timestamp 2012-04-17 19:26
>
> A little investigation on the JSP dev list is revealing, in short no
> vote (I don't believe there is ill intent either, just a
> misunderstanding of how we work)
> http://markmail.org/message/lkz77tzyk4onks3f

Indeed. Also, regarding the " we have made two releases following
the ASF policies and guidelines " should have been written as " two
releases were made following ASF *voting* policies ". My mistake.
They were community-voted but, for example, weren't signed or
correctly mirrored.

Of course, (at least) one release following ASF guidelines will be
made before IPMC voting and going into TLP.

regards,
juan pablo