incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about downloading binaries
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 15:32:23 GMT
For all those with interest in the "brave newer world" of Apache
releases --- there is a build artifact (RC4 in fact) now also
available for inspection.  I'd love to get feedback on the
multi-artifact licenses, readme's, and release organization before we
go through the process of putting it up for a formal vote in the
incubator list.  If you see any further legal/policy problems, please
tell me now. ;-)

You can download the artifacts from http://people.apache.org/~shinichiro.

Thanks,
Karl

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, you can now browse each different build artifact's license,
> notice, and readme file at:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/[README.txt,NOTICE.txt,LICENSE.txt]
> - source
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/lib-license/[README.txt,NOTICE.txt,LICENSE.txt]
> - lib artifact
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/dist-license/[README.txt,NOTICE.txt,LICENSE.txt]
> - binary artifact
>
> Please let me know what you think now.
>
> Karl
>

> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Franklin, Matthew B.
> <mfranklin@mitre.org> wrote:

were distributing.  For the source release, the ONLY L&N attributions needed are the
ones for code that you are including in your source.

>> If, like many projects, you have no 3rd party source inclusion, the LICENSE file
should only contain ASL 2.0 and the NOTICE should have the standard developed at apache note.

>> For the binary releases, we have been adding entries for any jars we include, as
you have done.  There are a couple of tweaks I would suggest, I propose that you get an agreeable
source L&N first as I think there is (yet again) a wider discussion to be had regarding
convenience binaries...