incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about downloading binaries
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 19:40:17 GMT
Ok, you can now browse each different build artifact's license,
notice, and readme file at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/[README.txt,NOTICE.txt,LICENSE.txt]
- source
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/lib-license/[README.txt,NOTICE.txt,LICENSE.txt]
- lib artifact
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/dist-license/[README.txt,NOTICE.txt,LICENSE.txt]
- binary artifact

Please let me know what you think now.

Karl

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Franklin, Matthew B.
<mfranklin@mitre.org> wrote:
> [...]
distributing.  For the source release, the ONLY L&N attributions needed are the ones
for code that you are including in your source.

> If, like many projects, you have no 3rd party source inclusion, the LICENSE file should
only contain ASL 2.0 and the NOTICE should have the standard developed at apache note.

> For the binary releases, we have been adding entries for any jars we include, as you
have done.  There are a couple of tweaks I would suggest, I propose that you get an agreeable
source L&N first as I think there is (yet again) a wider discussion to be had regarding
convenience binaries...