incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about downloading binaries
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 17:23:52 GMT
"Also, making sure the other comments on NOTICEs are addressed as well."

I have gotten extremely confusing advice in this area in the past, and
the available documentation does not help.  I believe I am adhering to
Roy's principles, but before we spin another release candidate, I'd
like it very much if someone with a (hopefully accurate) idea of how
things are supposed to work reviewed our license and notice files.
You can find them here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/LICENSE.txt
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/NOTICE.txt

Thanks!
Karl

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Matt Hogstrom <matt@hogstrom.org> wrote:
>> Hope that helps...  The question is, will Roy (or anyone else) be
>> unwilling to vote for the first option?
>
> Having been one of the people that commented and started the thread, I feel like I was
wearing loose clothing while operating machinery, per Roy's guidance on the source being the
thing that is voted on and the other binaries are merely convenience items, I would support
the first option.  Also, making sure the other comments on NOTICEs are addressed as well.