incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Extraordinary OpenOffice security patch (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "April2012" by robweir)
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:22:20 GMT
On 12 April 2012 15:05, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd recommend that future podlings, and the IPMC, consider this aspect
> when reviewing new podling applications.  It should probably be
> treated explicitly in the wiki proposal for podlings that expect to
> take more than 3 or 4 months to get to their first release.

This makes a great deal of sense. It will not prevent the problem
occurring but it will minimise the surprises if a similar situation
were to arrive. That being said I'm not sure what would have been
written in the AOO proposal back in July. But at least we would have
identified the likelihood that the ASF would need to distribute or the
project would need to find a distribution channel and thus pre-warned
of a potential situation arising.

Ross