incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Extraordinary OpenOffice security patch (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "April2012" by robweir)
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 19:41:13 GMT
On 12 April 2012 17:32, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I don't think the problem is with the size of the ooo-security list membership.  I think
it is in the assumption that the [P]PMC has somehow delegated the ability to make a release
of any kind to the ooo-security team.  I don't mean slip-streaming fixes and working off
the public SVN until that happens.  I mean developing and deploying all the rest of what
accompanies an advisory along with provision of a mitigation.

Whether this is the case or not should be discussed on the ooo-dev
lists rather than the IPMC general list. This is not an IPMC issue.
All IPMC members are free to join that list or read its archives if
they so desire.

Ross