incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Extraordinary OpenOffice security patch (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "April2012" by robweir)
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 07:13:23 GMT
On 12 April 2012 06:43, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 4/11/2012 2:36 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> As chair, you should have been brought into this loop, but with the
> change from Noel I can see how this oversight happened.  Sorry about
> that.  It's probably another example why the current infrastructure
> schema simply isn't plausible.

Under normal circumstances I would agree. However, when this was
happening it was in the middle of the IPMC blow-up and there was,
effectively, no chair. Officially it would have been Noel, who, at the
time was in a difficult place. As one of the mentors involved I felt
it was not necessary to add to his concerns. In retrospect that may
not have been the best decision.

Ross