incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Binding votes (Was: [VOTE] Accept Device Access contribution)
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:02:34 GMT
On 26 April 2012 09:59, Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekhuis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ross
>
> 2012/4/26 Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>

>> In general there is no need to Vote on this. Decisions need not be made
>> through time consuming votes (unless the issue is contentious), consensus
>> through discussion (which you appear to have in the original mail thread)
>> and someone willing to act are enough.
>>

> I'll take this in account for the next donations!

See the section on Decision making in the ComDev site:
http://community.apache.org/committers/index.html

Please do ask questions or suggest improvements to this doc - we don't
want it to grow to lots of text, the goal is to link our to useful
content around the ASF, so if you know of a project or foundation site
with useful documentation let us know.

Ross