incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any23 status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Trivial Update of "April2012" by LewisJohnMcgibbney)
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:29:07 GMT
Hi Jukka,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the report,  Any23!

No hassle, thank you for taking the time to criticize the report we are
working to make Any23 a more appealing project and the more we can do to
make reporting clearer, more accurate and helpful for you guys the better.

> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> > + Anything To Triples (any23) is a library, a web service and a command
> line tool that extracts
> > + structured data in RDF format from a variety of Web documents. [...]
>
> This should be sufficient as the project description in the context of
> a board report. The list of supported formats, while interesting, is
> less relevant in this context.

+1. Noted and will be acted on in next reporting slot.

> Please also include a note of when Any23 entered incubation. I took
> the liberty of adding that information to your report.

Thank you

> Sounds like good progress!

Yes generally speaking, from a community POV the project is moving in the
right direction, for the time being we're witnessing a steady increase in
traction and really lookin forward to VOTE'ing on 0.7.0-incubating release.

> In future reports it would be good if you included the list of most
> important issues to solve before graduation. Your January report
> listed the following:

+1 this will also be addressed in next report.

> > 2. Develop a strong community with organizational diversity and with
> > strong connections to other relevant ASF communities.
>
> Based on your current report it sounds like 1 is already solved and 3
> will be done shortly. What's your status on 2?
>
> My own opinion on this is that this will really kick in once we get the
aforementioned RC and subsequent release sorted. The future is bright for
Any23 as we've witnessed a gradual increase in semantic web type projects
entering incubation @ASF, and therefore the path to closer integration with
these projects in certainly on the road map. It is something that I
certainly look forward to.

OK I think this is all from me just now. Thanks again for your comments.

Lewis